Registering to Transfer Hours Via Reciprocity

When traveling to work in the jurisdiction of another IBEW Local Union, if you want your hours and contributions sent back to the San Diego Electrical Health & Welfare and/or Pension Trusts you MUST register in the ERTS system. If you aren’t registered when you travel to another jurisdiction it is possible the hours won’t be sent back possibly causing an interruption of group medical coverage and/or a failure to receive pension plan credit.

Registration is easy and can be accomplished at the Trust Office, LU 569 or at the visiting Local when clearing in. Doing so in advance is highly recommended as some Plans will only transfer hours subsequent to the registration date.

Excerpt from the March 2015 Currents Issue.